Tin is a soft ductile metal that is white in appearance. The deposit can be a bright finish or matte finish. It has great solderability and lubricity properties along with being non-toxic.
Some applications of tin are:
- To prevent corrosion in food containers.
- Soldering of electronic components.
- Provide lubrication or anti-fretting during break-in of moving components (Matte finish only).
Current tin plating finishes provided by Hohman Plating are:
- Acid Tin (Bright deposit)
- Stannate Tin (Matte deposit)
- Immersion Tin
Methods of application for Acid and Stannate Tin are rack and barrel plating. Immersion Tin is by bulk (basket) or rack.
Search by Function Search by Type